Last year, I decided to make BOSTON a goal of mine.
Of course, I know 2013 is not in the cards for me, but 2014 or 2015…I am setting my sights on! I just need a new race to focus on – and here’s the data that I’ve got since making my goal last year…
MARATHONS RUN: 6
CURRENT PR: 3:43:18 – achieved at the 2012 Baltimore Marathon
CURRENT BQ FOR MY AGE GROUP: 3:35
A run down of my MARATHONING CAREER:
- (First Marathon) November 2011 – The Richmond Marathon (3:59:13)
- March 2012 – The Shamrock Marathon (3:58:27)
- June 2012 – The Utah Valley Marathon (4:16:17)
- October 2012 – The Baltimore Marathon (3:43:18)
- December 2012 – The Three Bridges Marathon (4:03)
- January 2013 – The Walt Disney World Marathon (4:59:49)
So basically, I have run the gamut with PRs and PWs (though I can honestly say that both have special places in my heart) but when you get down to it, I have three sub-4′s and 8 minutes to shave off my time.
I am a member of RUN YOUR BQ and will be checking out some new training plans soon but in the meantime, I am on the hunt (once again) for great races. I’ve read lots of articles, talked to lots of runners and spent many hours on forums but would still LOVE to hear your suggestions…so please drop a line if you do!
ETA: Here’s a Pinterest Board I am working on with race suggestions
What’s your favorite marathon? If you haven’t run one, which would you love to participate in?