7. You keep reading – and re-reading – reviews and recaps of the race obsessively, as if they will reveal some sort of magical clues about your race. (Here are my favorites – both full and half recaps: Run DMT, Juice Boxes and Crayolas, See Kitzzy Run, (Just) Trying is For Little Girls, The Average Marathoner - feel free to share yours if you have one in the comments so I can read it 300 times).
6. You realize you haven’t yet booked accommodations – so, you check out the website and find out that the host hotels are all sold out. (But, then you find something anyway and it’s all magical again – phew)
5. Your mileage is finally rocking again!
4. You stare at strange figures for hours on end.
3. Your fridge looks like this.
2. You practice your finish line pose regularly.
1. …and dreams of post-race refreshments dance in your head.
Are you currently training for a long distance race? Which one? When is it? What reasons would you add?