Thank YOU.

Y’all. We did it.

Screen Shot 2014-01-24 at 2.29.44 PM

 

Yes! As of this morning, the goal I set of $1,000 for the 26.2 with DONNA  Ambassador Team was met. And even though I’ve fundraised before (and will do it again) there is nothing like that feeling when you reach a goal – especially one that was self-set! You see, this event does not REQUIRE fundraising, but it’s something we all wanted to do – especially when we know that 100 percent of proceeds toward breast cancer research and care (70 percent goes to the Mayo Clinic for bench top breast cancer research, and the remaining 30 percent goes to The Donna Foundation, which is put to work by assisting breast cancer patients with critical financial needs).

So, what do you do when you reach an awesome milestone of fundraising? Well, other than go to Disney World? (LOL) Well, set another goal, of course!

Screen Shot 2014-01-24 at 2.34.53 PMI’ve upped my personal goal to $1,500, along with the on-going state challenge (which is rocking hard, by the way)! Just 15 more states – and with the new $1,500 goal, that means that if we get just $26 from each of those remaining states – Alaska,  Arkansas, Delaware, Idaho, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine,  Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico,  North Dakota, Oregon, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Vermont,  Wisconsin, and Wyoming – we’ll hit that goal in no time! So, pass along the word, because I’ll DYE MY HAIR PINK if we receive at least one donation from all 50 states!!

photo-2 I rocked GREEN in 2012 for the Shamrock Marathon and Team in Training, so it’d be my pleasure to rock out some pink locks for Donna in 2014!

Other fun updates? Well, I am also pleased to announce that we received three amazing INTERNATIONAL donations – yes! All the way from Ontario, British Columbia and Australia! It’s so exciting and inspiring to see support from all over the place, so THANK YOU! Also, did you now that you can follow Donna (yes THE DONNA) on twitter? Check her out for inspiration, race updates and more, here.

Another reminder? I’m still donating 90 percent of proceeds from online coaching through race day, so check that out if you are interested.

I’ve got a few more ideas up my sleeve, but until the next update, I just wanted to say THANK YOU and please continue to spread the word! I can’t wait to race 26.2 with all of you in my heart.

Donations are accepted through 3/31/2014, but PINKING deadline is race-eve, 2/22 ;)

About these ads

One thought on “Thank YOU.

  1. Pingback: Seriously Surrounded by Love. | Shiawase Life

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s