Suffice to say, runDisney is a match made in Magical Mouse Heaven for me!
Disney races will always hold a special place in my heart – after all, the 2011 Walt Disney World Half Marathon was my first long-distance race! Since I already was committed to running its sister competition that September (the 2011 Disneyland Half Marathon) there were absolutely no excuses for me to lose momentum in training…
I hadn’t planned on returning to Walt Disney World again in 2012 until the Wine and Dine Half Marathon in November, but when the opportunity presented itself for me to travel down for a quick girls’ weekend trip with my friend April, you better believe I jumped at it – it just happened to be the Princess Half Marathon Weekend
One of the greatest things about that weekend (besides dressing up as Mulan and running 13.1 miles!) was getting the opportunity to connect with other bloggers, thanks to Running with Sass. I was so excited to meet some of my favorite ladies in real life, including Megan!
Next up was the Wine and Dine Half Marathon – my hubby’s FIRST HALF and my first experience pacing someone. It was one of my favorite events ever and certainly was unlike any other event I have ever run – and just about two months later came my sixth full but FIRST Walt Disney World Marathon (2013) - an amazing experience, followed by the Tinkerbell Half Marathon (recap) and Neverland 5K (recap) a week later!
Later this year, I am excited to return to Disneyland for the inaugural Double Dumbo Dare…and maybe a few others along the way
I am so incredibly excited to have these events to work toward and I look forward to sharing my adventures here. runDisney events may be pricier than others, but as they say “every mile is magic…”
Some of runDisney posts I’ve written:
- Dressing up for a Disney Race: Coming up with an idea, Costume Update & In Action (running Princess Half Marathon as Mulan)!
- Surprise! I am running a Full and Half Marathon…in one week…on separate coasts...
- What happens at an official runDisney meetup? Here’s my account from the 2012 W&D Half.
- Join #TeamSugarRush!
- Want to join in an official runDisney meetup? Check out my tips and tricks – including some Dorky Disney Data Analysis here, PART ONE: here, PART TWO: here!
Have you ever participated in a runDisney events? Have any questions?
Hungry for more runDisney fun?
* I am not a runDisney/Disney employee – just a super fan
For more fun, check out my other runDisney specific blog here!