I was pretty hardcore about my vegan experiment this month, but I know that there were moments of – shall we say – hunger-driven-desperation as I progressed through November. I will fully admit that there were a few slip-ups and their occurences were a blend of mistakes, miscalculations or leniency, including, but not limited to:
- Had a teensy bite of hubs’ caramel french toast at the diner before we took off for vacation – I myself ordered a great veggie chili but was definitely tempted by the sweet aroma.
- The house salad at a german restaurant we visited in the Amana colonies in Iowa had shredded cheese on it – I picked around it, and got a dairy-free dressing on the side, but I definitely had a smidgen of it because I did not want to send it back after specifically ordering the one item that I *could* eat – I hate being fussy and I was HUNGRY!
- I had some chocolate covered pretzels that were on the appetizer table at my MIL’s house on Thanksgiving. I dodged the (DELICIOUS) Lindt truffles though.
- I ate a chocolate chip cookie at my SIL’s house.
- I had sips of hubs’ iced coffee (with cream) at Starbucks last night after booking it across the O’Hare airport.
So yes, this proves a few things – sweets are definitely a downfall for me, though I have not ONCE been allured by meat; though this is not to say there has not been temptation! For example, I was just fine on Thanksgiving day, but seeing the turkey in the fridge for the days after…that tried my willpower a bit, but not enough to fall off the wagon. =)
What do you think might ‘do you in’ if you went vegan?