(no eggs and bac-y)
No, but instead, I present to you, the breakfast that was soo yummy yesterday I had to re-created today:
CHOCOLATE-COVERED STRAWBERRY OATMEAL!
Oh, this is so yum-o – and oh-so-easy, too!
Here’s what’s in it (2 servings):
- 2/3 cup Old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup water
- 2/3 cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 2/3 cup FRESH strawberries (half sliced, half chopped into smaller bits)
- 2/3 cup cottage cheese
- 1/3 cup Nature’s Path Love Crunch cereal
- (2) dollop(s) of Dark Chocolate Dreams
Clearly, I was inspired by Kath’s literal oatmeal emporium as well as her suggestion of adding cottage cheese to the oats right before serving them into bowls! And pardon my lack of time(s) in the directions, as I just eyeballed it – this is not so much of a recipe methodology, but…well, a rough outline!
- Combine oats, water and almond milk in pot.
- Let them heat up and cook – about medium heat!
- Once they’re looking good and yummy, add chopped strawberries.
- Turn down heat, mix mix mix and then add cottage cheese – let it melt up and mix!
- Turn off heat, portion into two bowls.
- Arrange sliced strawberries, 1/3 cup cereal in each.
- Top with dollop of PB!
The final step…eat it, of course!! I really enjoyed this oatmeal variation, as did the hubs. I have definitely become a believer in the amazingness of oatmeal and probably eat it for breakfast at least five times a week now (even had it for dinner on Tuesday.)
NOW, off to enjoy this gorgeous Sunday!
What’s your favorite breakfast food?