I am really missing this place lately.
Sure, the hours were long, odd and the summers were hot (though the temperatures are actually HIGHER here in Central VA then Orlando at the moment) it really was such an experience to spend four years at the place Where Dreams Come True...it’s really hitting me hard since it’s almost August – as 08/23/2006 marked the start of my Disney journey with some of the best friends, ever. (Speaking of which, big shout out to my pal Kelly Stewart – recent recipient of the brand new “Legacy Award” – what an honor! It’s the coolest new award around, and I’m proud to announce that my friend Josh Welch has also been bestowed with it!)
Seriously though…inspiring! Said best by my bestie, Matthew:
Alas, I do not know when my next visit South will be, but thankfully, I do have something BIG to look forward to – the big race that has definitely been underreported here on Shiawase Life – the Disneyland HALF!
Poor half marathon! I have been so focused on the full that it’s slipped off the radar a bit…but I am getting very stoked for it because:
- Hello, it’s in Disneyland!
- I need a vacation!
- Umm, it’s Disneyland!
- Oh, and I get one of these:
- “It’s kind of fun to do the impossible.”
- “If you can dream it, you can do it.”
- “We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and trying new things because we’re curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.”
- “To Infinity and Beyond!”
- “Every Mile is Magic” (from Run Disney website)