In a word…yesterday’s 20-miler was…LONG.
Sure, they don’t call long runs long for nothin’, but phew!
PROS and CONS from yesterday:
- ‘Ran’ a PDR (personal distance record) (+)
- ^ Above’s ‘ran’ is a bit of an exaggeration. (-)
- Humidity! Temp was only around 80 but humidity was something like 2000 percent. Serious. (-)
- Only about 14-16 of the 20 miles were actually at my desired pace of sub 10’s (miles 1-14 ranged from 08:50 to 09:45) but the later miles were more like “wogging” then eventually walking (-)
- Change of atmosphere! I ran from our hotel to VA Beach. And back! (+)
- I have an excuse to shop. I need new wicking socks because even though I didn’t get blisters, my feet were wet and miserable. So, positive from a negative, right?! (+)
- I got ‘er done. Always a plus! (+)
How was your weekend? Anything fun?