As I was chatting with a co-worker this week, it suddenly occurred to me that in one month, I will have officially lived in the state of Virginia for one whole year.
It is a crazy thought…I mean, it really only seems like yesterday that I was donning my Castle-adorned name-tag everyday as I worked for the Mouse.
In the past year, many things have changed – sure we relocated twice; once from the State of Florida to the Commonwealth of Virginia – then from Alexandria to Charlottesville.
But that’s just the beginning! You see, I’ve:
- had two jobs – receptionist and my current role: Facilities Office Services Assistant (AKA receptionist+building liaison, one-woman mailroom, badging specialist…)
- went vegan for a month.
- thought more about food/health. (here, here, here, here)
- visited my family in Japan.
- studied for ( a lot) and took the GRE.
- applied for and was accepted to grad school.
- discovered my interest in baking cakes! (my birthday cake post)
- revamped my blog (with design
- ran my5k, 8k, 10k, 10-miler AND first half- marathon.
- had my wisdom teeth removed (and shared the weird food combos I craved)
- went shopping at my ‘backyard’ mall (and posted about a particularly good visit)
- went on lots of fun localish road trips (Richmond, DC, NoVa, North Carolina)
- hosted my first blog giveaway
- made a pilgrimage back to my alma matter (announcement + bucket list item fulfilled)
- decided to run a full marathon.
- discovered a whole bunch of new blogs to love
- …and ate a lotta cupcakes. You know, gotta balance it all out!