If starting a post with a video from glee is wrong, well I don’t wanna be right! 😉
A-ny-way – this is a topic that has entered my mindset quite a few times – usually while I am running – which comes as no surprise then, why it has taken me this long to take a minute and blog about it!
See, I have been beyond blessed in my running journey thus far to not have sustained any major injuries. Of course, I get the aches and pains here and there and make sure to take extra rest days when needed so I DON’T cause any kind of excess muscle strain/etc., but as training progresses, it can become quite a mental battle to not stick to a workout you had committed yourself to!
Take this week for example:
- Sunday: I ran 9.11 miles at an easy pace – outside – late morning – no problems. Iced afterward and felt fine.
- Monday: Usually a non-run or a recovery run day – woke up 5 AM – felt soreness on my knee – went back to bed. Didn’t get in any other workout that day due to schoolwork.
- Tuesday: Usually an easy run or tempo day – woke up at 5 AM – felt soreness on my knee, left ankle and arms (!?) Went back to bed.
- Wednesday: Didn’t even attempt to wake up early – did some crunches/push-ups when I came home from work. Thought about running after class but it was already dark outside and watched DEXTER with the hubs instead.
- Thursday: Usually a speed day – woke up at 5 AM – was SO STOKED TO FEEL BETTER – no leg pain! Since I didn’t run easy Tuesday, I ran 7-easy miles, negative splits, 1 hr and 47 seconds!