When it comes to Operation Mulan, here’s what I have so far…
So far, I have :
- Deconstructed a purple North Face tech tank
- Hand sewed panels of it onto a pink Adidas tank.
- Cut off the bottom of seamless navy tank (that I bought this weekend for $4) and sewed it over the pink tank.
- Purchased a red table runner from the Dollar Tree – will trim this and likely add velcro to secure it on, since it’s not a tech fabric; but I think it adds a certain rich ‘costume’ quality.
- Find red running skirt (almost was lucky yesterday! Found a Fila red running skirt @ Marshall’s – but they only had XS and L left! I tried on both and neither would have worked).
- Decide on socks/sleeves – I think these would be awesome with the costume!
- Accessories – find similar (lightweight!) necklace
- Get a ‘matchy’ sports bra for the light blue top element – maybe this one.
- Hair – trying to decide if I should do the bun or just an accessory over the standard ponytail.
Anything else I am missing? Would love to hear your thoughts, suggestions or recommendations!
ETA: Some skirt options…