I was tagged last week by Katie, a blogger friend that I ‘met’ after we ran The Richmond Marathon ‘together.’
Here is how it works:
1. Post these rules.
2. You must post 11 random things about yourself.
3. Answer the questions set for you in their post.
4. Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
5. Go to their blog and tell them you’ve tagged them.
6. No stuff in the tagging section like “you are tagged if you are reading this”. You (the blogger) legitimately have to tag 11 (or so) people.
My Random Facts
- I had never lived in the United States before going off to college (Washington State University! Go Cougs!) in 2002.
- I attended just ONE football game while attending WSU – and didn’t even stay for the whole thing.
- Both me and my sister have middle names that are ‘American’ but can be interchangeably pronounced in a ‘Japanese’ manner (Marie / Mah-ri for me, Alyssa / A-ree-sa for her)
- I am a 2nd semester grad student at Florida State University, studying Library and Information Science.
- Both WSU and FSU share a similar color palette – a dark red and a complementary tone. AtWSU, it’s Crimson and Grey and FSU calls theirs Garnet and Gold.
- I used to get frequent nosebleeds growing up – like 3X/month at least. When I moved to FL, they subsided. When I moved to VA, they all but dissipated.
- I am a terrible pancake maker.
- I have to eat at least one form of chocolate daily.
- I have an obsession with Airport Codes…
- …my favorite destinations are NRT, MCO, and SNA 🙂
- I drink about a gallon of water a day.
1. When did you start running?
I started running in the summer of 2010 – I used the popular C25K program and liked it so much, I ran my first 1/2 marathon (the WDW Half) about 6 months later.
2. What monopoly piece do you always pick?
The hat! Or the boot…wait, sometimes the race car…
3. What is your favorite pre-race meal?
Toast or a bagel with PB, glass of water and a coffee.
4. Disney or Nickelodeon as a kid?
Disney, all the way!
5. What is your favorite race fuel?
Vanilla Bean GU. I used to do Clif Shot Bloks, but the way I ‘ate’ them (take a bite, leave in mouth) was the cause of three cavities this past summer. Whoops!
6. What did you want to be when you grow up as a kid?
When I was in pre-K, I wanted to be a bus driver! I think this stemmed from the fact that we were living in South Korea and our family could only own one car, so my mom and I rode the bus to get around 🙂
7. What do you want to be now?
Awesome, which I am 😉 Hah, really, I feel like I am still trying to really figure that out.
8. What is the best place you’ve ever lived?
Disney World! I spent two semesters living just a few minutes from the magic.
9. What is the best route you’ve ever run?
As of yet, running the Chipman Trail is one of my most memorable experiences.
10. What TV show is your guilty pleasure?
TBH, we don’t watch a lot of TV (we don’t have DVR and I am busy most weeknights) but I do admit that I find myself laughing out loud to 2 Broke Girls if I happen to catch an episode!
11. What is your favorite non-running blog?
Your 11 Questions…
- What is your favorite Amusement/Theme Park?
- Would you rather visit the Ocean or the Mountains?
- If you could visit any destination in the world, where would it be?
- What is the one food or drink you could NEVER EVER give up?
- If there was a movie released about your life, who would play you?
- What is your favorite quote or song lyric?
- Do you have a crazy, far-fetched bucket list item in your life? (I am sure you do!) What is it?
- Where’s the best place to get breakfast/brunch where you live? What do you order?
- If you could compete in any Olympic Sport, what would it be?
- Who is your favorite news anchor?
- If you could have a $5K shopping spree at any store, which would you choose?