Hey-o, everyone! I cannot believe it has been ten days since I posted last…and things are still a little zany here, but thankfully, we do have Internet now, and I do have a free half hour or so, so I thought this would be as good as any of a time to provide an update on my goings-on…in list format!
- We’re safely in Sarasota, FL, where we arrived this past Friday after a whirlwind of crazy events.
- Some crazy events: we picked up the truck and trailer (as pictured above) only to find the jack for the trailer acting a fool, so we brought back the trailer and decided to drive both the truck and the Mini down to Florida.
- Some more crazy events: loading took 2x as long as we anticipated and so we didn’t pull out of Charlottesville until Wednesday late afternoon, therein we headed only 2 hours south to Roanoke, VA.
- Of course, a stop in Roanoke, VA meant one thing: an obligatory visit to Bubblecake 😉
- Day two of driving was the ‘long haul’ day – Roanoke, VA to Jacksonville, FL! We stopped partway in SC for lunch – and that was just enough to break up the day nicely. We were super lucky and experienced low traffic and great weather.
- Day three of the move started a little late, since hubs had to work – we left JAX around noon, and after a rainy drive, arrived in Sarasota in the late afternoon. We unpacked a few key items and called it a night!
- After some of the best sleep ever, we finished unpacking the truck, then went out to Lowe’s to pick out some patio furniture (taking advantage of our truck space). We also went to Haverty’s and picked out a new couch and recliner (they’ll be delivered tomorrow).
- I took my first run around the neighborhood on Sunday morning, before we had to turn in the truck. I discovered the loop around our street is 1.25 miles, nice for measuring. There are tons of nearby running routes to explore, as well as the Legacy Trail, right nearby!
- I explored the town center gym, which we can access 24-hrs as part of our HOA fee – there are three nice treadmills, as well as other cardio and weight equipment, plus Wi-Fi so I watched another episode of Arrested Development on my tablet (yes, I am the last person on Earth to start watching this series).
- I am proud to have the kitchen totally unpacked and functional – from the pantry, to the drawers, fridge and appliances. I have also stocked up with a few trips to Publix (LOVE having one again) and bought a few fun new things (cutting boards, drawer organizers) from Marshalls/Ross which makes me happy!
…so there ya have it! Things are looking bright here, and I don’t just mean the shiny happy sun! Even though it is…y’know…sunny 😉