Since moving back to Florida more than a month ago, things have been pretty darn awesome. Sure, it’s hot, but there’s something about returning to the state where I fell in love with running just three years ago (recap of my first 5K here) that makes it special – and besides, hot summer training makes for fall PRs, right?
This week, I am counting down the days (JUST TWO!!!!) until I fly out to California to run the Dumbo Dare Challenge as part of the 2013 Disneyland Half Marathon Weekend, then up to Seattle, WA to visit my sister who just started her residency at Seattle Children’s Hospital. Oh, and I might have thrown in another half marathon, because, why not, right? I love the 13.1 race distance!
Which brings me to this VERY EXCITING ANNOUNCEMENT…
See the new sidebar image? YES! It is now officially official, so I am super duper excited to announce that I have been selected as a 2014 race ambassador for ZOOMA FLORIDA! The event is taking place Saturday, January 18, on gorgeous Amelia Island.
Oh, and did I mention that the host resort is the Ritz Carlton? This ain’t your average race weekend, folks! After all, check out these sweet benefits:
- Entry into an unforgettable, professionally-managed and timed half marathon or 5K race
- Access to a full weekend of yoga, sponsored cocktail hour, and a Fitness Expo
- ZOOMA Signature Swag Bag (over $50 value)
- Water and Cytomax Sports Performance drink on the course
- Water, Cytomax Sports Performance drink, Muscle Milk Light and food at the finish line
- GU Energy Gel station along the course
- Wine from Barefoot Wine & Bubbly at the After-Party Expo
- Necklace designed exclusively by Satya Jewelry for ZOOMA for all half marathon finishers
- Post-race massage, shopping and live music at the ZOOMA After-Party Expo
Although this will be my first ZOOMA event, I have total confidence and support of this organization (they have great social media presence and some of the most fun twitter chats around) and am proud to become part of the #ZOOMANation in this capacity.
And yes, male readers…you ARE allowed to run too! In fact, it might be just the race you’re looking for if being around fast and fierce women is your thing 😉
FLAAMB6 is the code you can use to join me at ZOOMA Florida ($10.50 off the half, or $5 off the 5K) and of course, you can expect lots of fun updates and other surprises along the way as we inch closer to this celebration of run, fun and Florida.
Have you run a ZOOMA event?