Help me paint the map PINK!

In the Spring of 2012, I was proud to run the Shamrock Marathon for Team in Training. Crossing the finish line was incredible – not only because it was a hard-fought 26.2 miles, but it was also the culmination of five months of training and fundraising with my amazing team. I wore my Rockstar Singlet with pride, and could not have been more humbled at the generosity of family, friends, and total strangers that donated their time and dollars to helping us inch that much closer to a cure for blood cancers.

In 2013, I continued the fundraising streak with my involvement with the WDW Radio Running Team and the Dream Team Project for the WDW Marathon and Tinker Bell Half Marathon’s Neverland 5K, and through my Fitbit, I am proud to continue to donate $5 to the Make-a-Wish Foundation every few weeks by just walking (thanks Everymove!)

Now, with my affiliation to the 26.2 with DONNA as a race ambassador, and member of a fundraising team, it’s my pleasure to take my experiences, as well as my amazing support base (that’s you!) to not only spread the world of this fabulous event, but raise vital dollars to FINISH BREAST CANCER. And so, I am excited to bring back one of my favorite “fun” contests….collecting funds from every state on the map!


As you can see, we’re rocking it so far, but how great would it be to see a PINK map? Even if that was $1 per each “un-pinked” states, that’s $45 dollars closer than we were yesterday…sounds like a WIN to me! And of course, as always, all donations go directly toward the cause – 70 percent goes to the Mayo Clinic for bench top breast cancer research, and the remaining 30 percent goes to The Donna Foundation, which is put to work by assisting breast cancer patients with critical financial needs.

So, thank you (yes, YOU) for your continued support, and I look forward to seeing a pretty pink map!



Leave a Reply to krissy m. murphy Cancel reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s