This past weekend’s Chicago Marathon marked the first event in what I anticipate to be a pretty exciting Fall/Winter Racing Season. After this week’s rest (still sick, ughhhh), the schedule kicks into gear later this month, with the following:
- October 25 – Boo Run – 5K – Lakewood Ranch, FL (graduation race for our No Boundaries program)
- October 26 – Bill’s Beer Run – 5M – Casey Key, FL (graduation race for our No Boundaries program)
- November 8 – Jingle Jungle 5K & Wine and Dine Half Marathon – Lake Buena Vista, FL
- November 30 – Space Coast Marathon – 26.2 – Cocoa, FL
- December 14 – Best Damn Race – 13.1 – Cape Coral, FL
Moving into 2015…
- January 10-11 – Goofy Challenge – 13.1 + 26.2 – Lake Buena Vista, FL
- January (sometime) – Celebration Virtual Marathon – 26.2
- January 18 – Clearwater Distance Classic – 50K – Clearwater, FL
- February 15 – 26.2 with DONNA – ?? – Jacksonville, FL
Wait…what….what’s going on with DONNA? Well, the original plan was 110. Then, there were whispers of it going away…I had to think about what to do next…and so, I thought I’d do what I did this year – 5K on Saturday, and 26.2 on Sunday…but then, I see it is back, officially…but, I may or may not have another possible race going down the next weekend (more on that as soon as I have more concrete details) so at this point, I find myself laughing at the fact that I may be running “only” 29.3 miles…oh, life. 😉
So, as I attempt to expend energy in ways other than running the next few days, my mind is all mixed up with grand plans, ideas, costumes for Disney races, and some rough plans about training schedules and goals for the next few months. It’s a crazy feeling…and a privilege…to continue to do what I love, and share the experience with so many.
What’s next for you?