I was nominated for the Liebster Award by Bill at rillaruns. The Liebster Award is a prestigious award where I get to answer a bunch of personal questions. Then I get to nominate more bloggers to help widen their audience 🙂
1. What are your current running related goals?
Short term: Half Marathon PR (sub 1:45) / Mid-term: BQ is always a driver / Long term: Run forever. Avoid injury.
2. What is your biggest irrational fear?
Mixing up the gas and break pedal somehow when driving.
3. Do you enjoy wrapping presents?
Yes! It’s like a puzzle and I love giving gifts.
4. What’s your favorite cross training activity?
Does walking count? LOL. Other than that, I like Jillian Michaels DVDs.
5. If I came to visit you, what would we do?
Oooh! Sarasota is awesome! First, we’d go for a run at the Sarasota Bayfront (and over the Ringling Causeway) or the Legacy Trail, then grab a coffee at Perq. If it’s a sunny day, we can drive over to Siesta Key or Lido Beach, and hang out at St. Armands. If it’s raining, we can spend a few hours at the Ringseeling Museum!
6. You have 2 weeks off of work and 2 round trip plane tickets to ANYWHERE. Where would you go and who would you take?
Japan! I’d take my hubs because he still hasn’t been and you need at least that amount of time to get acclimated to the time change.
7. What’s the most embarrassing thing that has ever happened to you during a run or race?
Hmm. After the WDW Marathon Weekend 10K, I realized that my yarn pigtails shedded and left lint on my shoulders and underarms. Whoops.
8. Tell me the 3 best days of your life. Or at least the first 3 that pop into your mind.
- Seeing my sister crowned as Prom Queen! (2006)
- Crossing the finish line of my first marathon (Richmond, 2011). I felt like I could do anything!
- The day hubs picked me up from the airport and I met Dug for the first time (2013)!! (he was adopted while I was on vacation!)
9. Okay, you HAVE to eat a fast food meal. What restaurant would you choose and what would you order?
In-N-Out Burger! Also see: my fave post-race food. I would get a double double with cheese, fries and a chocolate shake.
10. Have you ever met a celebrity?
I’ve seen a few, does that count? When I worked at Disney: Vanessa Williams, Corbin Bleu, Metallica, Joan Rivers, Ray Park, Billy Dee Williams, Dog the Bounty Hunter, Andrew Zimmern, and some other people I am probably forgetting.
11. Share a picture of yourself in non workout clothes!
Hmm that took way longer than I thought to find! LOL.
12. If you could choose to have a ‘do-over’ and switch careers, what would you choose and why?
Hmmm…maybe I’d pick a more “practical” and non broad major. LOL. No regrets, though.
13. If you won the Olympic Gold Medal – how do you think you would react?
Um…what sport would I compete in? Hmm. I guess I would be shocked because I have no idea what I’d do.
14. What do you want for Christmas?
A real Christmas tree! First one, and first Christmas in our new house! 🙂
And for my final trick I will be nominating two other bloggers to carry on the tradition of the Liebster Award. These are a couple of bloggers that I follow, so you know they’re good – and I went with a theme, too 😉
Jillian at Jillian Keeps Moving Forward
Justin at Always Running Foward
Go ahead and answer the questions that I did, with the option of changing one question to something you’d rather answer. Enjoy the experience and I am looking forward to learning your deep, dark secrets!