We’re gonna paint the world PINK!

I have two super amazing announcements to make:

2Kcollage

  1. Thanks to your help, my fundraising efforts for 26.2 with DONNA have surpassed the $2,000 mark!
  2. 20 countries are now represented in the “Around the World” challenge that I issued!

Between these two items, it’s hard to contain the excitement surrounding this amazing event…coming up in just TWO weeks!

Please consider a donation to this incredible cause – and if it’s just not in the budget, I ask that you please share this post! It is my honor and privilege to represent this incredible organization and with your help, we can help FINISH breast cancer for good.

If you didn’t already know this, all net proceeds from 26.2 with DONNA are applied toward the drive to FINISH breast cancer! 70 percent goes to the Mayo Clinic for bench top breast cancer research, and the remaining 30 percent go to the Donna Foundation, an incredible organization that assists women with everything from paying bills, rent or mortgage, to obtaining agreements with vendors to supply chemotherapy drugs, medical services, prescriptions (and even wigs) at a discounted rate.

pinkbrainstaSo, what does this mean for YOU, as a friend, donor, and supporter? Well, it locks in the fact that you are DIRECTLY taking part in ending BREAST CANCER (and really, on the road to conquering all cancers!!) for GOOD.

But wait, there’s more!

Yup, more funds = more opportunities for me to act a FOOL in public.

Last year, I issued the challenge – if I could secure a donation from someone in ALL 50 STATES, I’d dye my hair pink for the race. Well, you not only took me up on it, but encouraged my fellow ambassadors to take the pink plunge this year, too! So, what could I possibly do next?

Last week, I said I’d run the runDONNA 5K (the day before the marathon) with a HOT PINK BRA over my race outfit if I could reach $2K by that day, but WOW, now that we’re at $2,001, we need to UP THE ANTE!

So tell me, what crazy challenge should I throw out next? Leave your ideas, thoughts…and the crazier they are, the more likely I will consider them 😉

Thank you so much for your support, love and encouragement!

ETA:

Some ideas that have poured in already:

  1. Something crazy at 26 countries represented
  2. Pink Wig and Pink Boa with the Pink Bra at the 5K!
  3. Biggest donation from a “country” represented – you have to carry that flag during the 5K!

Also, I have had some questions about what countries have already been claimed in the challenge! Here they are:

  1. Australia
  2. The Bahamas
  3. Canada
  4. China
  5. Costa Rica
  6. Cuba
  7. Ecuador
  8. Estonia
  9. France
  10. Germany
  11. Greece
  12. Ireland
  13. Italy
  14. Japan
  15. Mexico
  16. The Netherlands
  17. New Zealand
  18. Poland
  19. Turkey
  20. The United Kingdom
Advertisements

3 thoughts on “We’re gonna paint the world PINK!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s