I am doing a bit of backtracking before reaching the current week of updates (today, June 29 = 15 weeks) so bear with me with one more “time travel” post. Thanks! And enjoy ❤
Between the numerous articles, books, and snippets of advice I’ve thus far received from my friends who are already mamas, I had it ingrained in my mind that somewhere along the transition between Week 13 and 14, I was out of the first trimester of pregnancy, and into the second.
With this new trimester, I was told I’d be experiencing less nausea, more energy, and a general, “productive” and “nesting” feeling.
Well, maybe that’s week 15…because I am still sleepy.
Nevertheless, these past two weeks have been an exciting time, as I’ve been able to share the news with more and more people…of course, family (around week 8), then friends (about week 12), and then my co-workers, and the all-encompassing Facebook (week 13).
It is a weird phenomena to feel time both flying and standing still. As the weeks creep up, it’s exciting…and terrifying. I am so excited to learn more about our newest family member, but I also feel like there will never be enough time to prepare before they arrive.
And of course, there are the many questions. Questions being asked,and questions I have asked myself.
While each decision that will come with bringing a new child into the world is obviously one that will ultimately be determined by hubs and myself, it’s interesting to consider opinions and do research on a variety of baby-related topics, so I thought I’d just throw them all out there – I mean, if I am already overwhelmed with ideas, why not add a few more dozen into the mix? I’ve already heard from a few of you, but am genuinely curious. And, even if you do not have children, what are your current opinions on the following?
So, I welcome you, my friends, to “weigh in” on the various questions below. Answer one, two…or all? Comment, or email me (khiguchi at gmail dot com) if you have more sensitive responses. I look forward to additional reading material 🙂
- If you already have a child/children, did you find out their gender at the anatomy scan? Why/why not? Pros/Cons?
- How many strollers will we really need? Is it realistic to find a nice jogger / carseat adapter and use that, or does it make more sense to get a smaller one, too?
- Cloth diapering (I know, big one). Experiences? I am pretty sure it sounds too overwhelming for me, and the internet is a big wide place to read about this, but I am curious about your “real” opinions.
- When did your baby actually start sleeping in a nursery? From the start? Or after a while? Do babies even want to sleep in cribs?
- Is it important to find a crib that adapts into a toddler bed? Or better to find a nice crib, then get a bed later?
- How many diapers do babies really go through? Is 10 changes a day (at newborn age) an accurate estimate?
Please keep in mind that these are also questions I’ll be reviewing with physicians, but like I said…I want to know from you, my friends and readers! AND, what other questions should I be thinking of?