The last time I traveled to Disneyland was in 2013 for the Inaugural Dumbo Double Dare…and in just TEN days (OMG!) I am headed back for my last trip sans kids for the foreseeable future (crazy!)
That visit, despite having run two races (Inaugural DL 10K + my favorite, the DL Half) – was super fun and laid back, as I adopted a really easy-going “meandering” approach to the visit. This visit, I am combining that easy-going vibe with a few structured activities to make it as well-rounded and fun as possible!
To keep things as organized as possible, I whipped up a spreadsheet (so this preggo-brain doesn’t forget anything!) with park hours, expo hours, flight confirmation numbers and “must remember” items, such as meetups, shifts (come visit me at the Sparkle Athletic booth on Friday evening!) and the times of some of my favorite park entertainment offerings to guide the path. Additionally, in the five days I am in Anaheim, I have but one dining reservation, so dining is pretty open and flexible too (minus the obvious little side trip we’re making to In’N’Out, mmmm)
Since I’ll be definitely taking it a little slower than usual, I’ve made a list of some things I’d like to do, with very low stress activities must-do’s…what am I missing?
- Disneyland Half Marathon 10th Anniversary Party (includes viewing of Paint the Night!)
- Monorail Ride (in 6 trips, I still have never rode a DL Monorail!)
- Entertainment must-see’s:
- Inside Out pre-parade for Pixar Play Parade
- Disneyland Forever
- Yummy must-eat’s:
- Mint Juelp at the Mint Julep Bar/Cafe Orleans
- Corn Dog from the Little Red Wagon
- Dole Whip Float at Tiki Juice Bar
- Attraction must-do’s:
- Heimlich’s Chew-Chew Train
- Pirates of the Caribbean
- it’s a small world
- Big Thunder Ranch
- Buy a pair of Mickey ears for Baby M!
I cannot wait! But first….maybe I should start packing!
Are you a planner, a doer…or a combination?