I’ve noticed that I often have my most “brilliant” ideas at points that are difficult to accurately record my thoughts – i.e. the shower, running – and sometimes, the things that pop in my mind don’t make quite as much sense once I do record them (if I can remember them) but for once, this idea is still clear in my mind, after a sweaty 6-mile treadmill run.
I won’t beat around the bush: 26.2 is on my mind.
To be honest, I did NOT expect this. Just a few months ago, I plotted out some running goals and a marathon was nowhere on my radar for 2016. But when I was running this evening, feeling that elusive and transcendent runner’s high – it struck me: marathoning has become a part of me.
This next foray into crazy will be marathon #15 (!) for me – something I never could have imagined. As I celebrate 6 years of running this summer, it honestly blows my mind just how much I’ve fallen in love with this distance.
So – what’s next? Well, first I need to decide what marathon I want to run, which should be quite a task in itself. Then, what will be my goal? What will be reasonable, in terms of training?
There are a lot of questions I definitely need to answer, but for now, I’ve got time. At the moment, I am stalking runningintheusa – so if you have a compelling reason I should run a specific marathon then, I’d be glad to hear about it!
What’s your big running goal for 2016?
For Reference (and to test my memory), My Marathons:
- The Richmond Marathon – Richmond, VA (2011)
- Yuengling Shamrock Marathon – Virginia Beach, VA (2012)
- Utah Valley Marathon – Provo, Utah (2012)
- Baltimore Marathon – Baltimore, MD (My PR) (2012)
- Three Bridges Marathon – Charlottesville, VA (2012)
- Walt Disney World Marathon – Orlando, FL (2013)
- The San Francisco Marathon – San Francisco, CA (2013)
- Space Coast Marathon – Cocoa, FL (2013)
- 26.2 with DONNA – Jacksonville, FL (2014)
- The Chicago Marathon – Chicago, IL (2014)
- Best Damn Race – Cape Coral, FL (2014)
- Walt Disney World Marathon (as part of Goofy Challenge) – Orlando, FL (2015)
- 26.2 with DONNA – Jacksonville, FL (2015)
- The Tokyo Marathon – Tokyo, Japan (2015)