I don’t know about you….but I am feeling 32 is going to be pretty awesome – way more than 22 😉
In one week, I will turn 32 years old and I am actually super excited about it. I mean, it’s wild to think about – I would have never imagined at 22 – where I’d be today. What I’d be doing, and beyond…just ask my best friend Liz, from elementary school – we always imagined we’d love being older teenagers, and living it up in our 20’s…well, I can say, there were plenty of great experiences to be had then, but I wouldn’t trade anything for where I am today!
So, without further ado – I wanted to share just a handful of things that I am thankful for in this next year of life:
- Health. Not only was I super fortunate for a healthy pregnancy, but I am so thankful that recovery has been great, too. Sure, I am currently bogged down by atrocious seasonal allergies, but things could always be much, much worse.
- Family. The dynamics of our family have changed a lot in the past few years, and its all been for the better! In 2013, we upgraded our duo status to a trio when we adopted Dug, quad when we adopted Cosmo (Mar 2015), and fab five when Abby was born (Dec 15). There’s never a dull moment around here, and since our family grew, we’ve been happy to host many friends and family members at our…
- Home. It’s hard to believe, but we’ve been in our current home for 16 months already! Buying a foreclosure and working on many renovations and upgrades is not easy (or cheap) but it’s been a great adventure making our first family house a home.
- Identity. I cannot adequately express how much I appreciate the fact that our circumstances have allowed me to be there 100 percent for Abby. It is the hardest and most rewarding thing I have ever done, and each day, I learn something new. I fully embrace mommyhood and truly enjoy seeing how my former, current and future self meld together daily to who I am today.
- Friendship. From all the places I’ve lived, worked and played, to the races I’ve run and blogs and twitter accounts I’ve read, I am so fortunate to have some of the most amazing friends. If you know me, you know my favorite Disney attraction in the universe is “it’s a small world,” and one of the reasons is because there really is so much that we share – and smiles do mean everything!
As this week marches on to April 7, I am excited to celebrate not only another year of life, but all of the wonderful possibilities of the future. Thank you all for being there for me.